Are you considering performing at Always Burning? We are always on the look-out for new, talented storytellers.
How to tell your story at Always Burning:
– Check the date and theme of the upcoming event.
– Craft your story.
– A story can be true or made up. It can be scary, funny, or moving. Spoken, rapped, whispered, sung, or danced. Grand, compelling, colourful, cozy, and everything in between. Go with your inspiration and what excites you.
– Think of creative ways to present your story (voice techniques, sensory elements, audience interaction, immersive theatre, etc.)
– Send us the final draft of your story and a short bio (about 50 words) at the latest four weeks before the event date.
– Always Burning stories are told. Please practice your story so you know it by heart. (No reading from paper or phones please).
– Five Minutes: Time yourself to be sure you keep within the five minute time frame. (Aim for about max 800 words if you perform a story).
– Volume and speed: speak loud, calm, clear, and lively.
– Please use our stage to practice civility and respect. Consider how your story might affect the listener. Please don’t include racism, homophobia, misogyny, or any form of hate speech.
– Have lots of fun!
Interested? We love to hear from you and see if we can put you on the stage in our next event. Please contact us!